April 24, 2023
Adventures Await: Uncover the Top Senior Travel Trends for Spring
According to AARP, seniors are traveling more than ever this spring, exploring new destinations and participating in various activities. Whether it's learning trips or immersive culinary and art tours, the baby boomers' travel trend is growing significantly, and there is no better time to hit the road or take to the skies than springtime. Here are some of the most exciting destinations for seniors to visit this spring.
- Experience "True North" in Canada - Rent a fully-loaded camper or van and explore British Columbia and Banff National Park, which is perfect for those who are outdoor enthusiasts.
- Visit Central California Coast - Fly to San Luis Obispo and take a quick drive to the breathtaking Highway 1 and its various beach towns before visiting the recently reopened Hearst Castle, which offers accessibility-designed tours.
- Discover Santa Fe's arts and culture - The Georgia O’Keefe Museum celebrates 25 years with several new exhibits, including Georgia O’Keefe: Making a Life, and Radical Abstraction. The Santa Fe Botanical Garden is another must-see for art lovers and gardeners alike.
- Explore Kauai's lush gardens - Enjoy Kauai's island ambiance at Limahuli Garden and Preserve, Na Āina Kai Botanical Garden & Sculpture Park, or The Allerton Garden, which offers visitors an array of photographic opportunities.
- Tour San Miguel de Allende, Mexico - This UNESCO World Heritage is a gallery of beautiful art, wonderful 17th and 18th-century architecture, and a thriving culinary scene.
- Venture to the Duoro River Valley in Portugal - The area offers a historic tour of the Porto Center, an exploration of the Alto Douro Wine Region, and stunning views along the scenic train route from Porto to Pocinho.
As you plan your next adventure, keep in mind that travel is not only fun but also great for your health and wellness. Studies suggest that seniors who travel regularly enjoy improved physical health, mental well-being, and higher levels of happiness. So, why not treat yourself to a new adventure this spring? Whether you are seeking outdoor adventure, art, and culture, or just a chance to relax and unwind, there is a perfect destination out there for everyone. With so much to see and do, the sky's the limit for senior travelers this spring!