January 12, 2023
What to Expect in Assisted Living
Assisted living is a type of senior living that’s an ideal option when you or a loved one begins to need a bit of extra help. But all-too-often families hesitate to consider assisted living because they assume it’s a hospital-like setting. Far from it! In fact, beyond the support assisted living offers, you may be surprised just how active, enriching, and fun life in these communities can be. How can it benefit you or your loved one specifically? The best way to find out is to show you what to expect in assisted living at GenCareTMLifestyle
What to Expect from our Assisted Living Communities
What is assisted living? These communities offer housing as well as personalized support with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and medication assistance as needed from compassionate, highly trained caregivers. We strive to provide just the right amount of support to meet you or your loved one’s specific needs while empowering your independence.That’s why needing a bit of help here and there won’t diminish your ability to live a full and active lifestyle that supports your interests – at least not in our assisted living communities!
What’s more, our residents also enjoy amenities that include:
- Spacious studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartment floorplans
- 24-hour staffing
- 24-hour fitness center, daily exercise classes, and complimentary on-site certified personal trainer
- Personal laundry
- 24-hour Stay Sharp Center with computers
- Three meals a day with flexible, open all day dining that’s wholesome, healthy, and made from scratch
- Happy hours and live entertainment
- Clubs, seminars, lectures and intergenerational activities
- Transportation services
- Hair Salon
- Movie Theatre
What to Expect from Our Assisted Living Lifestyle
We believe a healthier life is a happier life and our assisted living lifestyle puts this into action. Not only is life s much easier without the burdens of home maintenance, cleaning, cooking, and transportation, but you’ll never have to worry about being bored or lonely here! There are so many opportunities to build new friendships. Plus, our signature Whole Life LivingTM program offers a personalized, holistic approach to wellness within your reach that includes these four facets:
- Eat better - Healthy, fresh meals that include gluten-free, vegetarian, and diabetic options.
- Feel better - Complimentary on-site certified personal trainer and fitness center.
- Think better - Stay Sharp lifelong and engaging learning programs and events.
- Live better - Regular opportunities to pursue purpose and discover your passions.
It’s a program that meets you or your loved one where they are, catering to your needs, connecting you to community, treating you like family, and making sure you always feel at home.
What’s more, our approach is all grounded in a socially connected environment down to the design of each of our assisted living communities. You’ll enjoy an engaging and enriching lifestyle year-round. Over the past five years, our increased lengths of stay tell us we're on the right path.
Ready to learn more about assisted living at GenCare Lifestyle? Let’s talk or schedule a tour today!